- Agriculture Development Bank issues credit card for the first time to help the farmers to avail easy loans; Finance minister launches ‘Kisan’ app.
- Nepal requests India for continuous support in the battle against Covid-19 with requirements of about 4 million doses of vaccine to inoculate 72 percent of the entire Nepalese population.
- The Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation (Mo CT- CA) has announced for amendments to the ratings provisions of the hotel industry, which are to be applicable to the new hotels only. The old hotels will continue to function in the same manner.
- The Nepali Army proposed the government to reduce the number of years of minimum service for pension availability to ensure that the lower ranking officials do not quit without completing their tenure.
- Dhangadhi Cricket Academy and Ghorahi Cement Industries extended the sponsorship deal in Kathmandu on Wednesday. The statement by the DCA stated the importance of Cement company in producing the future of Nepali Cricket stars.
Around The World
- Joe Biden became the 46th president of the US yesterday, while Kamala Harris was sworn in as the 1st woman Vice president of the US,outside the Capitol.
- Dow Jones, S &P and NASDAQ closed at a record high yesterday after the US president Joe Biden’s oath outside the US capitol. The other stock markets around the world also saw an increase due to the news.
- Black Rock, an asset management company ventured into the cryptocurrency market with two funds authorized to invest in the Bitcoin futures.
- According to reports, Korean carmaker Hyundai and US tech giant Apple plan to sign a partnership deal on autonomous electric cars by March.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and French President Emmanuel Macron welcome US re-entry to the Climate Deal.
- Serum Institute of India(SII) , a key vaccine manufacturer had one of its building under fire leaving 5 people dead. The cause of the fire is not known as of now.
- The Premier league match between Liverpool and Burnley saw the former team beaten for the first time in 69 premier league games at home, since losing to crystal palace 1-2 in April 2017. The score for this match read 1-0.
- In the NBA, LA Lakers beat Milwaukee Bucks by 116-1103, with LeBron James scoring 34 points for his team.