- The country’s ruling government’s party has been said to be in a state of turmoil as NCP’s three former prime Ministers were seen participating at a rally against K.P. Sharma Oli in the capital on Friday.
- The roads in Kathmandu were highly affected yesterday due to the protests from the Dahal-Nepal rally with major roads such as the Ram Shah Path(from Maitighar to Singha Durbar) being shut.
- With a number of protests going around the country, the UN has been urged to tell the Nepalese Government to double the protection of civic freedom after CIVICUS, an international NGO called on the UN members.
- Nepal Investment Bank Ltd. (NIBL) is set to distribute 18.5% Dividend, after a successful conduction of its 34th AGM, which was held virtually.
- Chandragiri Hills gave an update on its IPO share distribution after being Oversubscribed; 1,39,000 people approximately to receive shares while more than 10,00,000 people will be returned their amount.
Sports and Entertainment
- Sandeep Lamichhane released from the Delhi Capitals for the upcoming season of IPL.
- Nepal’s newly appointed cricket coach, Dav Whatmore arrived in Kathmandu Yesterday; hopes to bring Nepal to the World Cup.
- The football fans finally had some joy after they were seen watching National Women’s Football league match at the Dashrath Stadium in Kathmandu.
- A celebrated Journalist, Rabi Lamichhane has officially left the News 24 channel after his announcement in the last episode of his talk show.
- Nepali song, ‘Phul butte Saari’ female version became the first song to reach more than 2crores+ views on YouTube in 39 Days.
AROUND THE WORLD
- Google threatens to pull search engine from Australia over news payment law.
- India within striking distance of attaining positive growth with a V for Vaccine as Indicated by the RBI.
- Apollo Talks to Acquire Orbia’s Vinyl Business Collapse.
- LG reportedly in talks to sell smartphone business to Vietnamese conglomerate.
- CapitaLand, Shapoorji Pallonji’s PE arm to foray into data Centre business in India.
Sports and Entertainment
- Dubai halts live entertainment amid surge in virus cases.
- LIZHI INC. Awarded the Best Innovative Cultural and Entertainment Platform in China,
- HBO Says Yes to Another Game of Thrones Prequel Series after Targaryen series.
- FIFA sends a strong message to the European Super League organisers.
- The Tokyo Olympics could be held behind closed doors if held this year, according to the world athletics president Lord Coe.
“The Pessimist Sees Difficulty In Every Opportunity. The Optimist Sees Opportunity In Every Difficulty.”– Winston Churchill